Are you a Mom…
• Trying to figure out “mom life” and how to balance things out?
• Who worked a 9-5 job then became a Stay at Home Mom?
• That “stays at home” and is trying to find ways to work from home?
• Who works at home and is trying to find the right balance between getting work done, being a mom and being a wife?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you have come to the right place!!! I know it is not easy being a mom (new, old, stay at home, work at home, etc.…) and I for sure am still learning. I also know how important it is to have a community to listen to, learn from and share experiences with. Personally, it has a calming effect to know that I am not the only one going through an “adventure”. Furthermore, I truly enjoy sharing things as I discover them. Why? Because I wish someone would have shared them with me! Do you ever feel the same?
The Basics About Me…
My name is Michelle and I am the wife of the hardest working man I know, the Mami of 2 beautiful and AMAZING girls and a Pathologists’ Assistant turned Stay at Home Mami turned Mompreneur of not one… or two… but three businesses! My life now is definitely not what I planned but I WOULD NOT change anything for the world.
I am NuyoRican… born and raised in El Barrio in NYC where I faced lots of adversity which only fueled my fire to succeed. After high school I continued with school and work eventually earning my M.H.S. as a Pathologists’ Assistant. I met my husband right before I started grad school and we got married a couple years after graduation. My first pregnancy was Amazing…. My second not as much. Following the birth of my second daughter I was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition. As a result, I became a stay at home mami and I will say… it is not easy! I now face a different set of challenges, but the desire to succeed is the same!
Some FUN FACTS about me…
• I have lived in every state in the Tristate area.
• My husband and I met at a Salsa dance class (we both love to dance).
• I have two daughters but have never been in labor (both were c-sections… one scheduled and the other an “emergency”).
• One of my FAVORITE things to do is rock out in the car with my daughters (I always wonder what other drivers think).
• I have absolutely no experience in business (except maybe in middle school).
• I am sure I was a party planner in a past life because I LOVE party planning.
So that’s me. Make sure to join my mailing list and stay in touch. I am super excited to share my experiences and learn from you. We must stick together and support each other! Welcome to Mami Works!!!
Michelle (The woman behind Mami Works)